Frequently Asked Questions
Job Seeker FAQ
I'm interested in one of the jobs advertised, what do I do?
I'd like to find out more about an advertised job, who do I contact?
How do I let an employer know I am interested in a job on HEJobs?
A couple of days ago I saw a job advertised, but I can't find it now, could you contact me with the advertiser?
What are the benefits of registering?
Must I register with HEJobs to apply for jobs?
How can I submit my CV or résumé?
Acceptable CV/résumé file formats include: Microsoft® Word (.doc and .docx); Plain Text (.txt); Rich Text Format (.rtf); Hypertext Markup Language (.htm or .html); and Portable Document Format (.pdf).
How do I update my personal details?
Is my personal information kept private?
If you are unhappy with who is contacting you through HEJobs, simply adjust your job preferences or just log in and turn off your profile.
Do I have to pay to use HEJobs?
I've forgotten my login password, what can I do?
What is HEJobs?
- An ideal meeting place for all higher education professionals seeking a new academic career opportunities and institutions looking to fill higher education job openings. Job postings will not be tied to all information about the institution,
- Providing anywhere, anytime access to online jobs and professional CVs; a superior and easy to utilise search facility that will add great value to both institutions search efforts and to job seekers' careers.
- Make it easier for higher education candidates and employers to connect with one another as quickly as possible with the least amount of effort. HEJobs will help both efficiently attain their respective goals in the academic sector.
Why should I register?
How much does it cost?
What happens when a subscription parkage expires?
How does the registration work?
- Click on Register button.
- Enter the HR representative details
- Please authenticate your account by clicking link sent to mailbox supplied
- When you login for the first time you will be requested to submit institutional information such as description and contact details
- Thereafter you may access your university dashboard to post jobs and or interact with jobseekers.
How is HEJobs promoted/ marketed?
- Search Engine Optimisation – By associating the site with relevant keywords users interested in South Africa academic jobs should easily find the site via major search engines such as Google and Bing
- Regular job alert emails to academics
- Promotion via our partner network.
Can we pilot one vacancy on HEJobs?
After registration you will have full access to the university dashboard and all functionality for the trial period.