The Programme Accreditation Directorate is responsible for the accreditation of new programmes submitted by public and private higher education institutions as well as the re-accreditation of existing programmes offered by private providers.
Reporting to the Senior Manager: Accreditation the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Retrieving, collating and analysing information related to applications for accreditation of programmes from institutions of Higher Education;
- Integrating the outcomes from various quality assurance processes;
- Effectively co-ordinate the site visit process as well as the appointment and co-ordination of site visit panel members for the accreditation and re-accreditation processes;
- Compiling integrated reports in preparation for the evaluation of the programmes;
- Updating and analysing records on the on-line systems, identify trends;
- Preparing reports and assessing compliance of applications with the Higher Education Qualifications Sub-Framework (HEQSF).
The successful candidate should have:
- A relevant three-year diploma or degree preferably in education or other relevant discipline and a minimum of three years’ experience working in a higher education environment;
- Experience in programme accreditation/re-accreditation and/or work in the field of quality assurance will serve as recommendations;
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills;
- Proficiency in basic computer programmes;
- Sound organisational and administrative skills, including meticulous attention to detail.
Competencies (knowledge/skills/attributes): The candidate must demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analyses and problem solving
- Attention to detail
- Computer and other digital technologies
- Ethics and professionalism
- Integrity and sincerity
- Interpersonal skills
- Planning and organising & coordination
- Team work
To apply please submit a completed job application form available from the CHE website (www.che.ac.za/newsroom/vacancies), a CV and certified copies of qualifications accompanied by a detailed motivation regarding your suitability for the position, as well as how you meet each of the stipulated requirements. The names and contact numbers of three work related referees should be provided.
Applications not on the prescribed application form and submitted without the certified copies attached will not be considered.
Applications must be forwarded to DPT Recruitment, for attention Bishop Aphane via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by fax to 0867372178 or hand delivered to 7 – 23rd Street, Menlo Park, Pretoria.
Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not been contacted within 30 days after the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. Shortlisted candidates will be required to undergo psychometric tests and competency assessments to determine their suitability for employment.
Further details pertaining to conditions of service including remuneration are available from +27 12 349 3872 or email Mashiane.email@example.com The CHE is committed to Employment Equity and aims to attract and retain talented individuals to achieve its equity objectives. Therefore, people from designated groups, including those with disabilities, are encouraged to apply.
Closing date: 20 November 2018. No late applications will be considered.