The incumbent's duties will include conducting clinical trial visits for enrolment, screening and follow-up visits; coordinating administrative tasks of the study coordinators; and more.
Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences
Department of Surgical Sciences
Division of Urology
Project Manager: Clinical Research
Clinical research directly aimed towards prostate cancer, but not exclusive. Research includes Phase III clinical medicine trials and epidemiological trials.
- Conducting clinical trial visits for enrolment, screening and follow-up visits;
- Coordinating administrative tasks of the study coordinators;
- Conducting trial related minor clinical procedures, i.e phlebotomy, intravenous access, venipuncture, blood pressure and heart rate monitoring and ECG's;
- Handling enquiries, protocol deviations, side-effects, strong side-effects;
- Handling ethical committee submissions;
- Resolving queries relating to the eCRF;
- Assisting data capturers and performing data capturing;
- Managing electronic record keeping;
- Interacting with clinical research coordination and medical manager from industry sponsors;
- Assisting auditors from SAHPRA, FDA, NIH or sponsors;
- Confirming trial drug shipment and delivery;
- Complying with yearly certification of research equipment.
- A Bachelor's degree in Nursing;
- Intensive care unit certificate;
- Good Clinical Practice (GCP) training;
- Experience in clinical research coordination (minimum two years).
- Scientific writing skills;
- Good organisational skills and excellent time management;
- Good communication skills in two major South African languages;
- The ability to work well as part of a team;
- Experience and interest in community-based teaching and improvement of the quality of cancer treatment and care in the healthcare system;
- Experience in handling source documentation;
- A valid passport for attending international investigators meetings.
Enquiries regarding job content: Ms. Joretha Arendse on 021 938 4912 or email@example.com
Enquiries regarding remuneration/benefits as well as technical assistance with the electronic application process: Human Resources Client Service Centre on 021 808 2753
Closing date: 19 November 2018
Commencement date: 1 January 2019
The University will consider all applications in terms of its Employment Equity Plan, which acknowledges the need to diversify the demographic composition of the staff corps, especially with
regard to the appointment of suitable candidates from the designated groups.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Your application, comprising a comprehensive curriculum vitae (including the names and e-mail address of at least three referees), must reach the University before or on the closing
date of the advertised post.
Apply online at http://www.sun.ac.za/english/careers
The University reserves the right to investigate qualifications and conduct background checks on all candidates.
Should no feedback be received from the University within four weeks of the closing date, kindly accept that your application was unsuccessful.