The Clinical Trial Coordinator will primarily be responsible for overseeing and monitoring all site operations for a large, multi-site prehospital clinical trial in South Africa.
Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences
Division of Emergency Medicine
Clinical Trial Coordinator (4-year fixed-term contract with benefits)
The Division of Emergency Medicine, in collaboration with the US Department of Defense, will embark on a multi-site, prehospital clinical trial in South Africa.
The Clinical Trial Coordinator will primarily be responsible for overseeing and monitoring all site operations for a large, multi-site prehospital clinical trial in South Africa, and will support the Clinical Trial Project Manager in ensuring effective execution of the project.
Responsibilities will include:
- Preparing study and site materials and documentation;
- Overseeing Good Clinical Practice training and certification for study personnel;
- Supporting the project manager in the execution of the clinical trial in accordance with the relevant regulatory requirements, funder contract and approved operating procedures;
- Supporting the project manager in the preparation of internal and external reports;
- Overseeing and monitoring all site operations;
- Developing and implementing process audits for study systems;
- Supporting the Project Manager in management and coordination of study site personnel;
- Managing and monitoring protocol compliance and adherence to ethical policies.
- Current Good Clinical Practice certification;
- Minimum two years' experience in clinical trial coordination and monitoring;
- Valid driver's licence;
- Ability to work independently;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Advanced computer literacy;
- Attention to detail;
- Willingness to travel.
- Relevant health sciences degree;
- Demonstrable experience working in the Clinical Sciences, particularly in Emergency Care;
- Working knowledge of REDCap;
- Demonstrable experience in data analysis and quantitative research methods.
Enquiries regarding job content: Dr. Colleen Saunders on 021 650 4842, or at email@example.com
Enquiries regarding remuneration/benefits as well as technical assistance with the electronic application process: Human Resources Division, Tygerberg Campus on 021 808 2753
Closing date: 21 November 2018
Commencement date: 1 January 2019
The University will consider all applications in terms of its Employment Equity Plan, which acknowledges the need to diversify the demographic composition of the staff corps, especially with regard to the appointment of suitable candidates from the designated groups.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Your application, comprising a comprehensive curriculum vitae (including the names and e-mail address of at least three referees), must reach the University before or on the closing date of the advertised post.
Apply online at http://www.sun.ac.za/english/careers
The University reserves the right to investigate qualifications and conduct background checks on all candidates.
Should no feedback be received from the University within four weeks of the closing date, kindly accept that your application did not succeed.