Nelson Mandela University is an innovative African university which embraces the values and legacy of Nelson Mandela and pursues a distinctive educational purpose and philosophy that contributes to student access and success.
Nelson Mandela University is searching for strategic thinking transformational leaders who will drive the achievement of their respective senior management portfolio priorities.
CORE PURPOSE OF JOB
To lead and manage the George Campus in accordance with the strategic vision and goals of Nelson Mandela University.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Provide strategic management and leadership for the George Campus.
- Lead and manage the transformation processes of the George Campus in line with the University’s overall strategy and plans.
- Collaborate with the DVC: Teaching and Learning and relevant deans, and other senior managers to facilitate a positive teaching and learning environment at the George Campus.
- Collaborate with the DVC: Research and Engagement and relevant deans, and other senior managers to facilitate positive research, engagement, innovation and internationalisation at the George Campus
- Manage support services.
- Facilitate and develop community liaison.
- Manage human resources.
- Manage financial resources and assets.
CORE COMPETENCIES AND REQUIREMENTS
- Strategic orientation and transformational leadership
- Change management
- Project and programme management
- Relationship/network building
- Resources management and stewardship
- People management
- Integrity and transparency
In addition, the incumbent should have the following knowledge and skills:
- Sound knowledge of University-specific operating principles.
- Proven skills in and knowledge of effecting growth within a university environment.
- In-depth understanding of trends and policies in higher education in South Africa.
- Strong national and international networks and partnerships.
- Transdisciplinary academic orientation and proven intellectual orientation to sustainability science is a desirable advantage.
- Sound understanding of the socio-political and economic context in which the University operates.
- In order to be considered for appointment to this post, candidates must have a minimum qualification of a master’s degree and at least eight years’ experience at a senior management level. A doctoral degree will be advantageous.
All shortlisted candidates will be required to undergo psychometric assessments. Furthermore, it is expected that all short-listed candidates will:
- Give express permission to undergo verifications of qualifications, publications, credit records and criminal records as well as any other verification deemed appropriate by the University
- Deliver a 15-minute presentation, the topic of which will be communicated timeously
- Provide details of at least two individuals who are capable of providing professional references.
Applications must be accompanied by a recent and comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and a covering letter stating how applicants satisfy the requirements in respect of each of the Key Performance Areas and Core Competencies and the official Nelson Mandela University job application form.
To apply for these vacancies, please visit https://mandela.erecruit.co.za
Direct all telephonic enquiries to Ms Fa-eeza Grimsel at 041 504 3555 or via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms of Appointment: This is a five year fixed-term contract, renewable based on performance and operational requirements.
Closing date for all applications: 30 November 2018