The Wits School of Education is seeking to appoint a suitable candidate at Lecturer/Senior Lecturer level to contribute to the School's initial teacher education and postgraduate programmes, as well as to its research activities in psychology of education. The Division of Studies in Education in the Faculty of Humanities requires a Lecturer or Senior Lecturer in the field of Education. Applicants should be able to teach in the area of cognitive and social psychology, and general sociology of education.
Qualifications and Experience:
The successful candidate must meet the following criteria to be appointed:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Undergraduate and postgraduate teaching mainly in Psychology of Education and Sociology of Education
- Supervision of Doctoral/masters and honours students
- Supervise undergraduate students during Teaching Experience
- Provide academic support to students
- Attendance of departmental, school and / or faculty meetings
- Course or programme coordination
- Community engagement.
- A PhD qualification in Psychology of Education or willingness to register for Doctorate within the first year of employment
- Evidence of research ability or potential (a publication record would be an advantage)
- Experience in teaching in psychology of education at school or tertiary level.
- A PhD qualification in Psychology in Education
- An independent research profile and proven publication record
- Capacity to teach and supervise at the tertiary level, preferably must have a sustained record of research supervision
- A track record of competent teaching psychology of education at school and/or in higher education.
Further advantage will accrue to applicants who have:
- Experience of supervising students on teaching experience, as well as knowledge of the South African school system
- Evidence of organisational and leadership skills
- Good ICT skills
- An ability and willingness to work in teams.
Remuneration: Dependent on qualifications and relevant experience.
Enquiries ONLY: Division of Studies in Education: Dr Thokozani Mathebula: 011 717 3746 firstname.lastname@example.org
How To Apply
To apply, submit a letter of motivation - clearly indicating which position you are applying for, detailed CV and the names and contact details of three referees (incl. e-mail addresses).
Internal employees are invited to apply directly on Oracle by following the path: iWits /Self Service application/"Apply for a job"
External applicants are invited to apply, by registering a profile on the Wits i-recruitment platform located at https://irec.wits.ac.za and submitting your application.
The University is committed to employment equity. Preference may be given to appointable applicants from the underrepresented designated groups in terms of the relevant employment equity plans and policies of the University.
The University retains the right not to make an appointment and to verify all information provided by candidates; including qualifications and credit standing.
Closing Date: 21st December 2018
Please note that only applications via the website will be considered for shortlisting.
Correspondence will only be entered into with shortlisted candidates. The University reserves the right not to make an appointment or to re-advertise.