The UCT Graduate School of Business (UCT-GSB) is home to full EQUIS accreditation from the European Foundation for Management Development (Europe); AMBA accreditation from the Association of MBAs (UK) and AACSB accreditation from The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (USA), our school is among the best in the world. We take a four-pronged approach to excellence that combines academic rigor, societal relevance, innovation in teaching and thought leadership to transform our students - taking them from a place of knowing to doing to being.
The GSB is committed to making business better. With our roots in Africa, our focus is on emerging market business and our teaching and research is geared towards driving development and understanding in this context, which is characterized by high degrees of uncertainty, complexity and inequality
Situated within our Business Development Unit (BDU), and reporting to the Head: Alumni Relations and Careers Service, we seek to appoint a suitably qualified person to the position of Manager Careers Service.
The Careers Service Manager will be responsible for:
- Serving as an ambassador of the GSB to the student, alumni, employer and other communities
- Developing a sustainable pipeline of partnerships with students, employers and alumni
- Overseeing the planning and delivery of careers education, advice and information services
- Creating resources for GSB students and alumni to further their career advancement
- Creating digital communication output for social media, and the careers portal
- Collaborating closely with colleagues in the BDU, the greater GSB and UCT communities
- Preparing, monitoring and reporting on employment statistics, satisfaction surveys and accreditation reports
- Demonstrating a proactive approach to currency of professional knowledge through engagement with external networks, initiatives and professional bodies
- Managing staff and a budget
For this position, we seek a highly competent and experienced person. The successful candidate will be a skilled communicator, service-orientated and able to work independently to identify opportunities to develop mutuallybeneficial relationships with all stakeholders / communities.
EDUCATIONAL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- A relevant post graduate tertiary qualification, preferably in Education, Psychology or Business
- At least 3-5 years' experience with the Higher Education sector in a Career Services unit OR Talent Management experience
- A minimum of 3 years' experience managing staff and budgetary management
- Guide the creation of the content of career management learning materials
- Understanding of current technologies and the use of applications for organizational processes
- Excellent written / verbal communication skills including production of complex reports and digital offerings for different audiences
- Knowledge of global graduate labour market trends, employer expectations and graduate opportunity structures
- Experience of collaborating with a range of stakeholders and building relationships
- Proven network with both local and international established employers and higher education institutions
- Judgement and sound judgement involved with developing career programming and resources, structuring schedule and determining follow-up
- Proven ability to engage with strategy and a strong focus on delivery
- Highly effective planning, scheduling, time management and follow-through skills in order to coordinate and implement special programs and events, while providing service to both employers and students' in a fast-paced work environment
- Must be willing to travel nationally and internationally (as appropriate) and work evenings and weekends as required
The annual remuneration package for 2018, including benefits is between R443 134 and R521 333.
To apply, please visit http://www.gsb.uct.ac.za/workforus, click on blue box "View all jobs", follow the brief registration process at the bottom of the advert and submit the following documents:
- UCT Application Form (download at http://forms.uct.ac.za/hr201.doc ) Please indicate clearly which position you are applying for on the application form;
- Cover letter motivating your application
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
An application which does not comply with the above requirements will be regarded as incomplete. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and may be required to undergo an assessment.
Telephone: 021 650 2163
Reference number: E18453
Departmental website: www.gsb.uct.ac.za
Closing date: 18 January 2019
UCT is committed to the pursuit of excellence, diversity and redress in achieving its equity targets. Our Employment Equity Policy is available at http://www.uct.ac.za/downloads/uct.ac.za/about/policies/eepolicy.pdf
UCT reserves the right not to appoint.