The UCT Graduate School of Business (UCT GRADUATE SCHOOL OF BUSINESS -GSB), is home to the full EQUIS accreditation from the European Foundation for Management Development (Europe); AMBA accreditation from the Association of MBAs (UK) and AACSB accreditation from The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (USA), our school is among the best in the world. We take a four-pronged approach to excellence that combines academic rigor, societal relevance, innovation in teaching and thought leadership to transform our students - taking them from a place of knowing to doing to being.
The GSB is committed to making business better. With our roots in Africa, our focus is on emerging market business and our teaching and research is geared towards driving development and understanding in this context, which is characterized by high degrees of uncertainty, complexity and inequality
In supporting the GSB vision and mission, our Business Development Unit (BDU) seeks to appoint a suitably qualified person to the position of Alumni Relations Manager. This position will be responsible for the management of alumni relations for the GSB. This position will plan and implement projects that strategically engage alumni and industry in strengthening various GSB activities providing tangible benefits to alumni and the GSB as a whole.
Reporting to the Head: Alumni Relations and Careers Service, the Alumni Relations Manager will be responsible for:
- Serving as an ambassador of the GSB to the student, alumni and other communities
- Developing a sustainable pipeline of partnerships and stakeholder relationships
- Responsible for the planning and delivery of alumni engagement
- Marketing & Communication (including writing newsletter, social media features) of all related activities
- Collaborating closely with colleagues in the BDU, the greater GSB and UCT communities
- Preparation, monitoring and reporting on alumni engagement for accreditation purposes
- Experience in synthesizing data
- Demonstrate a proactive approach to currency of professional knowledge through engagement with external networks, initiatives and professional bodies
- Human resource management and development
For this position, we seek a highly competent and experienced person. The successful candidate will be a skilled communicator, service-orientated, and able to work independently to identify opportunities to develop mutuallybeneficial relationships with all stakeholders / communities.
The following will be advantageous:
- Worked in the higher education environment, particularly related to alumni relations
- Working knowledge of the communications environment
EDUCATIONAL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- A relevant post graduate tertiary qualification, preferably in Business Management or a related field
- At least 4-5 years' experience working in the Higher Education sector while working closely with post graduate and Masters students.
- Understanding current technologies and the use of applications for organizational processes
- Minimum of 2-3 years' experience managing staff and budgetary requirements
- Excellent written / verbal communication skills including production of complex reports for different audiences
- Experience of collaborating with a range of stakeholders and building relationships
- Independent judgement and individual discretion used when planning and executing alumni events
- Highly effective planning, scheduling, time management and follow-through skills required in order to coordinate and implement special programs and events, while providing service to both employers and students' in a fastpaced work environment.
- Proven ability to engage with strategy and a strong focus on delivery
- Must be willing to travel locally, nationally and internationally (as appropriate) and work evenings and weekends as required
The annual remuneration package for 2018, including benefits is between R443 134 and R521 333.
To apply, please visit http://www.gsb.uct.ac.za/workforus, click on blue box "View all jobs", follow the brief registration process at the bottom of the advert and submit the following documents:
- UCT Application Form (download at http://forms.uct.ac.za/hr201.doc ) Please indicate clearly which position you are applying for on the application form;
- Cover letter motivating your application
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
An application which does not comply with the above requirements will be regarded as incomplete. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and may be required to undergo an assessment.
Telephone: 021 650 2163
Reference number: E18452
Departmental website: www.gsb.uct.ac.za
Closing date: 18 January 2019
UCT is committed to the pursuit of excellence, diversity and redress in achieving its equity targets. Our Employment Equity Policy is available at http://www.uct.ac.za/downloads/uct.ac.za/about/policies/eepolicy.pdf
UCT reserves the right not to appoint.