The Finance Department, within the Faculty of Health Sciences at UCT, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for a Senior Finance Officer (SFO) permanent post for appointment as soon as possible.
The SFO will provide a full spectrum of financial services to Principal Investigators, and to assist the Assistant Research Management Accountants with all accounting functions related to the planning, budgeting and reporting and on-going reporting, control and maintenance of all funds.
- A tertiary level accounting qualification (BCom degree or other equivalent Accounting/Management Accounting /Costing qualification) OR if qualified by experience, at least 6 years' experience at the advertised level, with the same/ similar key performance areas.
- At least 5 years' financial/management accounting experience in a large or medium size organizational environment;
- A broad knowledge and understanding of financial and management accounting principles and systems;
- Staff supervision and training experience
- Ability to use initiative
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and to work independently and accurately with minimal supervision;
- Ability to work methodically, efficiently and meticulously.
- Computer literacy (MS Word, MS Excel and SAP R/3 at medium to advanced level is essential);
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Supervision of staff;
- Assist Academics in the preparation of budgets in accordance with funder and UCT rules and regulations;
- Day to day funds management;
- Prepare internal and external financial reports and financial analyses;
- Assist with cost recovery and costing of projects in line with the IP Act;
- Oversee bi-weekly petty cash reimbursement process;
- Any other tasks and duties that may be appropriate to this position.
The annual remuneration package, including benefits will be R355,670 and R385,200 depending on qualifications and experience.
To apply, please e-mail the below documents in a single pdf file to email@example.com:
- UCT Application Form (download at http://forms.uct.ac.za/hr201.doc )
- Cover letter which MUST include a motivation for your suitability for this position; and.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV).
Please ensure the title, followed by the reference number are indicated in the subject line.
An application which does not comply with the above requirements will be regarded as incomplete.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Telephone: 021 650 3003
Reference number: E18454
Departmental website: www.health.uct.ac.za
Closing date: 14 January 2019
UCT is committed to the pursuit of excellence, diversity and redress in achieving its equity targets. Our Employment Equity Policy is available at http://www.uct.ac.za/downloads/uct.ac.za/about/policies/eepolicy.pdf. Special funding has been provided for this post with the aim of advancing diversity, and for this post we seek particularly to attract black (i.e Africans, Coloureds and Indians) South African candidates.
UCT reserves the right not to appoint.