The UCT Graduate School of Business is a globally recognized institution. We are one of just three African business schools to have triple-crown accreditation with endorsements from three of the world's most stringent accreditation bodies. Our school is regularly voted as the top school on the continent by its peers in the Eduniversal Best Business Schools Worldwide ranking.
We are recruiting for a Senior IT Manager. The main purpose of this position is to oversee all aspects of Information Technology at the Graduate School of Business (GSB) – including the Break Water Lodge (BWL) and Academic Conference Centre. This entails strategic leadership of the GSB IT Department, and representation of the unit and technology on the GSB Management Committee (MANCO). Budgeting, CAPEX provisioning, strategy, initiation and management of projects, reporting and GSB IT staff management are an integral part of this position.
- Postgraduate qualification either in Computer Science/ Information Systems or Management
- 7 years relevant experience of which 3 years should be in a senior management role.
- Demonstration of business acumen through qualifications (e.g. an MBA) or experience would be a distinct advantage
Develop the School's IT strategy and work on continuous improvement of this strategy
- Identify, analyse, (re)design, document, implement, communicate, train and support technology work in the School
- Proactively advise the School on IT needs and initiate projects to build IT facilities / functionality
- Ensure smooth implementation of new projects that develop facilities for use by students – e.g. facilitating blended learning solutions
- Ensure cost effective solutions in order for GSB IT to deliver value for money
- Assist with best practice procedures within GSB IT that are in line with the School's objectives
- Liaise closely with MANCO team to build IT strategies in School
- Recommend policies, standards and procedures for information systems, technologies and services to MANCO and ensuring compliance with decisions taken by School
- Ensure the seamless integration of IT and AV as required in various teaching venues
- Draft proposals to School Executive on strategies aimed at achieving vision of a Digital GSB
- Initiate Lecture Theatre / Seminar Room / Flat Venue building and upgrade projects
- Work with other department heads to define/ refine IT strategies that will help realize their vision
- Provide creative solutions for technology challenges faced by the School
- Adhoc projects for School
- Manage budget for IT portfolio and negotiate contracts
- Staff management
The annual cost of employment for 2018, including benefits, is between R737 101 and R867 177
To apply, please visit http://www.gsb.uct.ac.za/workforus, select the position you wish to apply for, follow the brief registration process at the bottom of the advert and submit the following documents:
An application which does not comply with the above requirements will be regarded as incomplete. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and may be required to undergo an assessment.
Please ensure the title and reference number are indicated in the subject line.
Telephone: 021 650 2163
Reference number: E18493
Departmental website: www.politics.uct.ac.za
Closing date: 31 January 2019
UCT is committed to the pursuit of excellence, diversity and redress in achieving its equity targets. Our Employment Equity Policy is available at http://www.uct.ac.za/downloads/uct.ac.za/about/policies/eepolicy.pdf.
UCT reserves the right not to appoint.