We invite applications from suitably qualified and experienced people for this post for appointment as soon as possible.
We seek a confident, self-motivated candidate, with excellent analytical, research, communication and organisational skills with a commitment to providing Faculty related management information in support of the academic planning functions and throughput management projects located in the Faculty.
- Participation in Faculty initiated research and monitoring projects in support of the Faculty's equity and teaching and learning priorities, developing and using appropriate instruments and methodologies and reporting on such projects;
- Generating and analysing in-depth statistical queries and reports to support Faculty throughput projects and periodic reviews (internal or external) in conjunction with the Institutional Planning Department;
- Supporting Faculty planning processes (for undergraduate, postgraduate and research purposes) through data modelling and forecasting, and reporting on these;
- Conducting data modelling exercises to support planning at departmental and Faculty level as required;
- Identifying trends and emerging scenarios to support planning at Faculty and departmental level as needed;
- Preparing and monitoring the submission of external examiners' reports for submission to the Dean and DVC;
- Preparing HEMIS and CESM submissions as requested by Student Records and the Research Office.
In all data related work above, close liaison with the Institutional Planning Department would be required.
- Relevant post-graduate qualification, ideally a masters with a strong quantitative component;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Meticulous attention to detail and a highly developed sense of responsibility;
- At least three years' experience in analysing large data sets, report writing (preferably in a Higher Education with in-depth experience in academic processes, would be desirable);
- An understanding of the transformational challenges in the South African higher education sector
- Interest in and exposure to current issues in HE and ideally, familiarity with policy issues at national level;
- Experience in both quantitative and qualitative research would be an advantage.
The annual cost of employment, including benefits, is between R443, 134 and R521, 333
To apply, please e-mail the below documents in a single pdf file to email@example.com:
Please ensure the title and reference number are indicated in the subject line.
An application which does not comply with the above requirements will be regarded as incomplete.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and may be required to undergo a competency test.
Telephone: 021 650 2163
Reference number: E19163
Closing date: 26 March 2019
UCT is committed to the pursuit of excellence, diversity and redress in achieving its equity targets. Our Employment Equity Policy is available at http://www.uct.ac.za/downloads/uct.ac.za/about/policies/eepolicy.pdf. For this post we seek particularly to attract black South African (i.e. African, Coloured and Indian) candidates
UCT reserves the right not to appoint.