The University of the Witwatersrand is a research-intensive institution, seeking to increase international competitiveness and local relevance.
The Director for Research Development invites suitably qualified and experienced applicants to apply for the post of a Research Output Administrator, to take up the post at the earliest possible date.
The purpose of this job is to provide project management and administrative service related to the annual capture, verification and submission of the University's research publications.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Liaison and communication with and training of administrators (about 50 to 80) across the University that are involved with the process of collection of annual research output;
- Liaison with officials at the DHET ensuring our compliance;
- Verification and approval of the collected items;
- Reporting of progress to the Director, the DVC-Research & PG affairs and the five Assistant Deans of Research;
- Plan and implement meetings with Assistant Deans of Research from all five faculties and the intra-faculty institutes to approve certain research publications;
- Ensure full compliance;
- Arrange and support external audit.
- Bachelor of Administration
- Minimum experience of 5 years of administration including 2 years experience of the University sector, with particular emphasis on Wits at its systems and processes;
- Candidates must have a good working knowledge of Google or similar search engine, MS Word, Outlook and Excel, and a willingness to learn the ROCS system;
- Customer service orientation;
- Knowledge of academic publishing and bibliometrics and in particular:
•Knowledge of Web of Science, InCites and Scopus
•Knowledge of the differences between a journal article, conference proceeding and monographs and edited books
- General office skills including:
•Excellent English language skills
•Attention to detail
•Neatness – very important
•Responsiveness to communication and service oriented Filing and achieving skills
How To Apply
The closing date for applications will be Friday, 29 March 2019.
For any other enquiries, please contact the Business Process Manager, Mr Mamello.Mafisa@wits.ac.za
To apply, please submit your curriculum vitae, the names and electronic contact details of three referees and a motivation indicating why you are suitable for the position that does not exceed two pages in length.
Internal employees are invited to apply directly on Oracle by following the path: iWits /Self Service application/ "Apply for a job".
External applicants are invited to apply by registering your profile on the Wits i-recruitment platform located at https://irec.wits.ac.za and submitting your application.
The University is committed to employment equity. Preference may be given to appointable applicants from the underrepresented designated groups in terms of the relevant employment equity plans and policies of the University. The University retains the right not to make an appointment, to re-advertise and to verify all information provided by candidates.
Please note that correspondence will only be entered into with shortlisted candidates.