We invite applications from suitably qualified and experienced people for this post for appointment as soon as possible.
We seek a confident, self-motivated candidate, with excellent analytical, organisational, and inter-personal skills. You will design, implement and maintain an efficient systems-driven administrative framework, ensuring that admissions to the Faculty, and student records and administration, are supported with effective structures, processes and procedures. The Faculty offers a number of undergraduate degrees and diplomas across broad subject areas. You will play a key role in ensuring the efficient administration of the student life-cycle through these offerings, and the maintenance and archiving of related records.
We are particularly busy over the period from Mid-October to February when the academic calendar includes the processing of examination results, graduation, admissions, and registration. Annual leave is unlikely at this time, overtime may be required, and this could include weekends.
- A three-year tertiary qualification/ degree
- 5 years' experience in academic administration at a senior level
- Staff management experience
- Experience of records management and information systems.
- An appreciation of, and proven ability in, coordination of diverse complex and high-level administrative functions, as they relate to the academic cycle in a tertiary institution
- Ability to maintain and implement protocols and procedures, and meticulous attention to detail
- Organisational and planning skills, time- and activity-management skills, and a proven ability to work accurately under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to exercise initiative and discretion in judging and advising, and to deal with internal and external constituencies
- Excellent written and interpersonal and communication skills
- High level of computer literacy (e.g. spreadsheet and database management)
The following will be advantageous:
- Post-graduate qualification, preferably in the humanities
- Working knowledge of Peoplesoft Student Systems
- Understanding of the structure and quality assurance of university degrees
- Experience in academic administration at a senior level
- Implementation of academic administration protocols, processes and procedures
- With the Deputy Faculty Manager, workflow and workload management
- Supervision with line management administrative assistants
- Staff training and development
- Escalation point for student and academic queries
- Liaison with academic departments and central University support departments
- Ensuring compliance with University and Faculty rules and procedures
The annual cost of employment, including benefits, is between R443, 134 and R521, 333
To apply, please e-mail the below documents in a single pdf file to firstname.lastname@example.org:
Please ensure the title and reference number are indicated in the subject line.
An application which does not comply with the above requirements will be regarded as incomplete.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and may be required to undergo an assessment.
Telephone: 021 650 2163
Reference number: E19162
Closing date: 26 March 2019
UCT is committed to the pursuit of excellence, diversity and redress in achieving its equity targets. Our Employment Equity Policy is available at http://www.uct.ac.za/downloads/uct.ac.za/about/policies/eepolicy.pdf. For this post we seek particularly to attract black South African (i.e. African, Coloured and Indian) candidates
UCT reserves the right not to appoint.