Are you a future-focused professional who is looking for a new challenge? Join an innovative and dynamic team shaping the direction of University of Cape Town (UCT) multi-award-winning Careers Service (CS) as it navigates global trends and local challenges.
In striving to maintain its leading position in South Africa, the UCT's CS invites applications for the permanent position of Careers project and programme manager. The UCT CS requires a proactive, enthusiastic and experienced individual to manage Careers advisory, employer programmes and projects that fall under the advisory group.
The successful candidate of this post will work with students, academic and professional staff, employers and industry representatives and careers advisory colleagues. The role also requires familiarity with digital platforms.
- A postgraduate qualification (NQF level 8);
- 5 years' work experience in a Higher education environment;
- 5 years' programme development and management;
- Familiarity with digital platforms for educational purposes;
- Experience in developing and delivering training, presentations and workshops to groups of varying sizes;
- Evidence of project management and delivery;
- A high level of competence in using Excel spreadsheets or similar;
- Ability to deal with complexity;
- Excellent ability to write for a variety of different audiences;
- Managing and prioritising a demanding workload and achieving results under pressure;
- Building and maintaining effective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders;
- Experience working with a high degree of independence;
- Good analytical skills with the ability to interpret data and reports;
- Good communication skills across multiple media;
- Experience of one-to-one student advice and engagement
- Experience in a Higher Education Careers Service environment
- Oversight and management of Careers advisory programmes;
- Supporting students and administrators on UCT digital platforms;
- Designing new pathways for UCT Plus and developing additional advisory programmes;
- Managing stakeholder relationships for all advisory programmes including staff, students and technical service providers;
- Monitoring and evaluation of programmes and projects for the Careers advisory dashboard.
The annual cost of employment, including benefits, is between R471 495 and R554 699.
To apply, please e-mail the below documents in a single pdf file to Ms Tracy Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org:
Please ensure the title and reference number are indicated in the subject line.
An application which does not comply with the above requirements will be regarded as incomplete.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and may be required to undergo psychometric and competency assessments.
Reference number: E19165
Closing date: 25 March 2019
UCT is committed to the pursuit of excellence, diversity and redress in achieving its equity targets. Our Employment Equity Policy is available at http://www.uct.ac.za/downloads/uct.ac.za/about/policies/eepolicy.pdf. For this post we seek particularly to attract black (i.e. African, Coloured, or Indian) South African candidates.
UCT reserves the right not to appoint.