The University of the Witwatersrand seeks to appoint a Deputy Vice-Chancellor: Advancement, Human Resources and Transformation ("DVC:AHRT") for a 5 year contract position which may be renewed for a further 5 year period based on the performance of the incumbent. The full remit of the DVC: AHRT portfolio will be determined once a successful candidate has been appointed. The Advancement Directorate (comprising of the Alumni Relations, Communications, Development and Fundraising Office, Marketing, Functions and Events Offices), Human Resources, Transformation, Legal Services and Occupational Health & Safety Directorates currently fall under the portfolio of the DVC: AHRT.
The successful candidate must demonstrate outstanding credentials in academia and must have an established research record that enables him or her to meet the requirements for a professorial appointment at the University. A proven ability to perform in the following key performance areas is also critical:
- Knowledge of the higher education sector in South Africa and Africa
- Demonstrable experience in a senior managerial position in a university or similar institution
- Ability to execute strategy
- Effective strategic planning and administration
- Ability to lead and manage diverse teams
- Strong communication skills
- An understanding of the donor and funding environment for the higher education sector
- Ability to effectively interact and engage different stakeholders internally and externally
- Effective stewardship of the functions of the directorates which fall under the portfolio at a central and faculty level
- High level financial management, and an understanding of the institutional strategy and financial framework of a research intensive university
The DVC: AHRT is expected to contribute and work with the Vice-Chancellor and the Senior Executive Team to advance the mandate and best interests of the University and those of the broader higher education sector.
How To Apply
Remuneration: An attractive remuneration package is offered commensurate with the seniority of the position.
Enquiries: Further information about the position is available from Dr. Kgomotso Kasonkola, email address: email@example.com. Information about the University may be found on the website, www.wits.ac.za
To apply: Submit a detailed CV with names, addresses (preferably email addresses) and contact details of 3 referees, certified copies of degrees and diplomas, and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The University is committed to employment equity. Preference may be given to appointable applicants from the underrepresented designated groups in terms of the relevant employment equity plans and policies of the University. The University retains the right not to make an appointment and to verify all information provided by candidates.
Please note that correspondence will only be entered into with shortlisted candidates. The University reserves the right not to make an appointment or to re-advertise