The Global Citizenship Programme (GCP) is an interdisciplinary, cross-faculty, active learning programme aimed at innovation in critical global citizenship, community engagement and social justice pedagogy. The Centre for Innovation in Learning and Teaching invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for appointment to a fixed term contract ending 30 June 2023 in the GCP on academic conditions at the level of Lecturer/ Senior Lecturer. For further information see http://www.cilt.uct.ac.za.
- A Master's degree in a relevant field
- A PhD (or substantial progress towards) in a relevant field (For consideration at Senior Lecturer level)
- Experience with strategic planning and giving leadership to an initiative
- Experience with fundraising and marketing
- Experience of facilitating partnership-building and collaborations
- Teaching and curriculum development experience
- Experience of working in social justice contexts
- Experience in report writing for a variety of stakeholders
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proven experience of working in diverse teams
- Experience of conducting research in educational or related contexts
- Experience of having worked successfully in complex and diverse environments
- Recent experience of working in a HE context
- Experience of working with critical pedagogy and other relevant approaches
- Give strategic direction to the programme;
- Appoint and manage all GCP staff including the programme administrator, course teaching staff and any interns;
- Build partnerships and alliances with key constituencies both on and off campus;
- Develop ongoing and sustainable fundraising programmes;
- Work with faculties and relevant student agencies to maximise GCP's reach on campus through, amongst other things, increasing the number of credit-bearing and short courses offered through the programme.
Teaching and curriculum development
- Provide leadership and oversight of teaching on the programme;
- Commitment to mentoring/supporting next generation scholars;
- Teach on the GCP short or credit-bearing courses;
- Undertake curriculum and course development with a strong focus on transformation;
- Arrange staff development opportunities within the programme and amongst faculty-based academics where relevant;
- Give leadership to building an ongoing research arm to the GCP's work
- Conduct educational research on issues and topics linked to the work of the programme
The annual cost of employment, including benefits, is between:
Lecturer: R510 726 and 683 358
Senior Lecturer: R579 019 and 834 707
To apply, please e-mail the below documents in a single pdf file to Ms Tracy Moore at email@example.com:
- UCT Application Form (download at http://forms.uct.ac.za/hr201.doc )
- Cover letter motivating why you are interested in the job and what you have to offer, and
- An abridged curriculum vitae (CV) of 4-6 pages
An application which does not comply with the above requirements will be regarded as incomplete.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and may be required to undergo a competency test.
Telephone: 021 650 5405
Reference number: E19169
Closing date: 5 April 2019
UCT is committed to the pursuit of excellence, diversity and redress in achieving its equity targets. Our Employment Equity Policy is available at http://www.uct.ac.za/downloads/uct.ac.za/about/policies/eepolicy.pdf. For this post we seek particularly to attract black (i.e. African, Coloured, or Indian) South African candidates.
UCT reserves the right not to appoint.