The Department wishes to appoint an academic who can provide a strong contribution in the field of Process Monitoring and Data Science. A primary requirement for this appointment is proven academic excellence.
Department of Process Engineering
Senior Lecturer / Lecturer / Junior Lecturer: Chemical Engineering
The Department of Process Engineering offers an outstanding undergraduate programme in Chemical Engineering and undertakes innovative research in the areas of Bioresource Engineering, Extractive Metallurgy, Separations Technology, Waste Valorisation, Water Technology and Process Monitoring.
The Department wishes to appoint an academic who can provide a strong contribution in the field of Process Monitoring and Data Science.
A primary requirement for this appointment is proven academic excellence.
- Undergraduate teaching;
- Postgraduate supervision (Senior Lecturer and Lecturer);
- Technology transfer to the industry and broader community.
- A Bachelor's degree in Chemical, Metallurgical, or Mechanical Engineering with an outstanding academic record from a reputable university;
- Excellent written and verbal language skills in at least either English or Afrikaans, with an acceptable ability to understand the other language;
- Good interpersonal skills and high emotional intelligence, as well as:
- A doctoral degree, and with specialist knowledge in process monitoring and/or data science with at least four peer-reviewed publications in the same field;
- At least four years' post-doctoral experience in process monitoring and/or data science, with evidence of good teaching skills and the ability to develop teaching material independently;
- Proven ability to lead research projects.
- A doctoral degree, and with specialist knowledge in process monitoring and/or data science,or,
- A master's degree in process monitoring and/or data-science with at least four years' applicable experience in industry;
Junior Lecturer (contract appointment)
- A master's degree, or busy with postgraduate studies, preferably in process monitoring and/or data science.
Enquiries regarding job content: Prof. André Burger on 021 808 4494, or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Enquiries regarding remuneration/benefits as well as technical assistance with the electronic application process: Human Resources Client Service Centre on 021 808 2753
Closing date: 23 April 2019
Commencement date: 1 July 2019
The University will consider all applications in terms of its Employment Equity Plan, which acknowledges the need to diversify the demographic composition of the staff corps, especially
with regard to the appointment of suitable candidates from the designated groups.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Apply online at http://www.sun.ac.za/english/careers
Your application, comprising a comprehensive curriculum vitae (including the names and e-mail address of at least three referees), must reach the University before or on the closing date of the advertised post.
The University reserves the right to investigate qualifications and conduct background checks on all candidates.
Should no feedback be received from the University within six weeks of the closing date, kindly accept that your application did not succeed.