The incumbent's duties will include developing and teaching a range of courses; conducting appropriate research; supervision of postgraduate students; and more.
Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
Department of English
- Developing and teaching a range of courses;
- Conducting appropriate research;
- Supervision of postgraduate students;
- Performing relevant administrative and committee duties;
- Active participation in the Department's research initiatives and community involvement.
- A doctorate in "English" literature/literary-cultural studies;
- Experience in undergraduate teaching at university level;
- Appropriate communication skills;
- Evidence of published research;
- Ability to teach a range of courses.
Teaching and research expertise in:
Eastern/African and diaspora literature and literary-cultural studies.
Enquiries regarding job content: Prof. S Murray on 021 808 2044, or at email@example.com
Enquiries regarding remuneration/benefits as well as technical assistance with the electronic application process: Human Resources Client Service Centre on 021 808 2753
Closing date: 10 May 2019
Commencement date: 1 January 2020
The University will consider all applications in terms of its Employment Equity Plan, which acknowledges the need to diversify the demographic composition of the staff corps, especially with regard to the appointment of suitable candidates from the designated groups.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Your application, comprising a comprehensive curriculum vitae (including the names and e-mail address of at least three referees), must reach the University before or on the closing date of the advertised post.
Apply online at http://www.sun.ac.za/english/careers
Candidates may be subjected to appropriate psychometric testing and other selection instruments.
The University reserves the right to investigate qualifications and conduct background checks on all candidates.
Should no feedback be received from the University within six weeks of the closing date, kindly accept that your application did not succeed.