The Division Physiotherapy within the Department of Rehabilitation and Health Sciences wishes to appoint a senior academic who will be expected to provide academic leadership in teaching, research, service delivery and community engagement.
Department of Rehabilitation and Health Sciences
Division of Physiotherapy
Senior Lecturer / Therapist
The Division Physiotherapy within the Department of Rehabilitation and Health Sciences wishes to appoint a senior academic who will be expected to provide academic leadership in teaching, research, service delivery and community engagement, within the field of Adult Neurology. Prospective candidates will participate in the full range of academic activities associated with offering quality undergraduate and postgraduate programmes. Research and service delivery will be an expectation.
Appointment is made on the joint establishment of Stellenbosch University and the Western Cape Provincial Government.
- Undergraduate and postgraduate teaching in Adult Neurology
- Clinical supervision of undergraduate and postgraduate students
- Active involvement in the development of undergraduate and postgraduate teaching modules
- Supervising postgraduate students in the focus areas of the Division and Faculty
- Participating in teaching, research and community activities, as well as projects of the Division and Faculty
- Recruiting postgraduate students
- Publication of research findings
- Academic administration and management
- Managing a divisional portfolio
- Clinical consultation and service provision in the field of Adult Neurology within the public health sector.
- Master's degree in Physiotherapy with a publication record in adult neurology, or a Master's degree with national standing in adult neurology, or a Master's degree with clinical reputation in the field of Adult Neurology, or a PhD with a focus on Adult Neurology
- Experience in teaching and clinical supervision in the field of Adult Neurology;
- Evidence of research experience including publication record, funding applications and academic collaboration;
- A minimum of three-year post-community service clinical experience, predominately in the field of Adult Neurology;
- Evidence of experience in postgraduate supervision;
- Record of appropriate Continuous Professional Development (CPD) courses, predominately in the field of Adult Neurology;
- Registered/registrable with the Health Professions Council of South Africa as a Physiotherapist.
- Evidence of experience in management/administrative activities;
- Evidence of participation in multi-/ inter-/ transdisciplinary teamwork activities;
- Membership of and participation in professional associations.
Enquiries regarding job content: Prof. S Hanekom at 021 938 9300, or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Enquiries regarding remuneration/benefits as well as technical assistance with the electronic application process: Human Resources , Client Service on 021 808 2753
Closing date: 10 May 2019
Commencement date: 1 July 2019
The University will consider all applications in terms of its Employment Equity Plan, which acknowledges the need to diversify the demographic composition of the staff corps, especially with regard to the appointment of suitable candidates from the designated groups.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Your application, comprising a comprehensive curriculum vitae (including the names and e-mail address of at least three referees), must reach the University before or on the closing date of the advertised post.
Apply online at http://www.sun.ac.za/english/careers
The University reserves the right to investigate qualifications and conduct background checks on all candidates.
Should no feedback be received from the University within four weeks of the closing date, kindly accept that your application did not succeed.